Frequently Asked Questions 
Registrar's Office

View frequently asked questions for the Registrar Office at PCOM. 

How many weeks are in a term?

Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine has three terms or trimesters in an academic year that runs from August to the end of May. Each term is 13 weeks in length. There is also a summer term for some programs.

View the academic calendar and your program's course sequence for more information.

What is your fax number?

The fax number for PCOM is 215-871-6649.

The fax number for PCOM Georgia is 678-225-7553.

How do I register for classes?

Students, other than those on clerkships or preceptorships, must register online using myPCOM.

An email will be sent from in April for summer registration, June for fall registration, September for winter registration, and December for spring registration advising students of the courses they will be required to register.

View more information about course registration at PCOM.

Can I register if I owe funds to the institution?

Students will not be allowed to register for the next term if there are any financial obligations to the College.

How can I find out my grades?

Formal grade reports are not sent to the students. Students can review their grades online using myPCOM.

How do I request a transcript?

Current students can request a transcript using myPCOM.

Alumni and previously enrolled students must complete a transcript request.

How can I obtain enrollment verification?

Various forms from health insurance, employers and lending agencies may be sent to Registrar's Office via mail or fax at 215-871-6649.

Students may also complete our enrollment verification process.

Can I submit requests for verification over the phone or by email?


Any verification requests must be done so in writing by completing the an enrollment verification.

How do I change my name on my academic record?

A student requesting a name change must submit a change of information with legal documentation such as marriage license, divorce decree or court order.

How do I change my address?

A student may change address by submitting a change of information.

How do I apply for ACT 48 credits be sent to the State of Pennsylvania?

An ACT 48 application must be submitted to the Registrar's Office requesting submission of grades to the Pennsylvania Department of Education. Students must apply each term for these courses to be submitted.

Do students have to apply for graduation?

Students will receive an email several months prior to graduation requesting information needed for the commencement booklet and diploma. Should you not receive information by April 5 of that year, contact