President's Community Wellness Initiative
Jay S. Feldstein, DO '81, President and CEO, formed the Community Wellness Initiative (CWI) to support existing
projects and foster cross-campus collaboration to create, plan, and execute new opportunities
to serve the communities of all three PCOM locations.
The President’s Community Wellness Initiative (CWI) fosters a culture of holistic
health and well-being as a core value of our community.
The President's Community Wellness Initiative (CWI) seeks to create educational and
health services programming and resources that support and sustain the physical, mental,
nutritional and environmental wellness of the College’s surrounding communities.
Patient care activities include:
- Direct patient care, such as health screenings, vaccines, mammogram van and other
- PCOM Georgia is partnering with a local pharmacy to host a community COVID-19 vaccination
Health and Wellness Education
- The CWI will be creating and supporting health and wellness education activities whether
virtual (live or recorded) or in-person, including presentations, Q&A, "Ask the Doctor"
chats, or demonstrations.
- In partnership with Bebashi - Transition to Hope, PCOM has opened food pantries at
its healthcare centers on Lancaster Avenue and in Cambria. Financial support for
the Cambria location has been generously donated by Weis Markets.
The CWI will support research, including clinical or community-based, with both faculty
and student involvement. Research support initiatives include:
- Sponsorship of several community-based research grants for faculty and students at
all three PCOM locations by the PCOM Alumni Association.