PCOM Opportunities Academy
STEM Program for High School Students
High school students are invited to learn about college planning and careers in science
and health care at PCOM's STEM summer camps.
Formerly known as the Science and Math Summer Academy, the PCOM Opportunities Academy
is an enrichment program that aims to introduce students who identify as African American,
Latino, or are traditionally underrepresented in medicine to opportunities in health
care, college readiness and mentoring.
Learn about the program at our three locations:
As a result of participating in Opportunities Academy, high school age students will:
- Explore career opportunities in medicine and healthcare.
- Practice critical thinking skills and collaboration by engaging in problem-based learning.
- Build their research, public speaking and presentation skills through innovative experiences
in the program.
- Develop skills and self-confidence to apply for college and successfully navigate
- Engage in leadership and professional development throughout each stage of the program.