PCOM South Georgia
PCOM South Georgia is located in Moultrie, Georgia—the Colquitt County seat. The area features affordable housing, an award-winning medical center, abundant
recreation and entertainment options, a progressive school system, temperate climate,
convenient location and much more.
Living in Moultrie and Colquitt County
Colquitt County is known for its thriving agricultural industry, hunting preserves
and natural recreation areas. The City of Moultrie features a beautiful downtown area
which is home to a historic courthouse, the Ellen Payne Odom Genealogy Library, numerous
specialty shops and more.
Moultrie offers countless activities to fill your schedule. From indulging your artistic
side, to taking in a thrilling game of Friday night football, to shopping in the downtown
square, to attending countless shows and festivals, Moultrie provides an active and
enjoyable place to live. It offers all the charm of small-town living, but with amenities
that allow you to enjoy a more relaxed paced life without the inconveniences and costs
that come with urban environments. In addition, the reasonable price of housing in
Moultrie offers the opportunity to own your own piece of “The City of Beautiful Homes.”
For more information about living and working in Moultrie and Colquitt County, visit
the Moultrie-Colquitt County Chamber of Commerce or the Moultrie Colquitt County Development Authority websites.
Faculty and staff testimonials
Some of PCOM South Georgia's employees have relocated to the Colquitt County area
from different parts of the country. Read what our faculty and staff have to say about
living in the area with their families.
All my working life, I had spent between three to four hours commuting. Moving to
Moultrie seems such a blessing in that respect. I now spend 15 to 20 minutes on my
commute and don't have to navigate traffic jams - absolutely wonderful! I moved from
the northeast, so the weather is another great attraction. The people I have met around
town have been genuinely kind and welcoming.
- Sandeep Vansal, PhD, associate professor
This is the first time I have lived in a small town and I am thoroughly enjoying it.
The community has been so friendly and welcoming, the town square has nice shops and
restaurants and is an easy drive to other towns for additional shopping and airports
... The local and regional support for PCOM South Georgia has been amazing.
- Joanne Jones, MBA, campus officer
After 15 years living in Oklahoma we have landed back in the region where we were
born and raised. We live in the nearby, charming community of Thomasville so that
we can be close to family. We and our two teenagers have been welcomed and quickly
found ourselves immersed in local activities. Our 23 mile country road commute to
PCOM South Georgia is simply picturesque and traffic-free.
- Jennifer Shaw, PhD, and Edward Shaw, PhD, associate professors
Things to do in Colquitt County
Beyond Colquitt County
- Check out Explore Georgia, the state’s official tourism and travel site, for information about things to do
and places to visit near Moultrie and throughout the state.
- Head for the beach—the City of Moultrie is located approximately an hour away from
the Florida line and is within easy driving distance of the Gulf Coast and several of Florida's state parks.
- Experience 19th century living at the Georgia Museum of Agriculture and Historic Village, located in Tifton, Georgia. The museum features 35 structures including a peanut
museum, turpentine still, drug store, gristmill and farmsteads.
- Travel to the nearby Thomasville, known as the City of Roses, where you can enjoy a variety of shops and restaurants
on their downtown brick streets.
- Visit the Albany Convention and Visitors Bureau website to learn about attractions in nearby Albany including RiverFront Park—a six-acre park along the Flint River which features a lawn for picnics and gatherings,
a play fountain, pavilion areas, a trail system and the Horace King Overlook.
- Play a round of golf at Forest Lakes Golf Club, a "learning lab" for turfgrass students at Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College.
- Enjoy rides and roller coasters, exotic animal sightings, and shows and concerts each
season at Wild Adventures in Valdosta, Georgia—a theme park, water park and animal park all in one.