Pharmacy Practice Faculty Recognized for AccomplishmentsOctober 19, 2017
Several Department of Pharmacy Practice faculty were recently recognized for awards, presentations and publications:
- Manuscript, “Manage Chronic Kidney Disease with MTM”, to be published in US Pharmacist.
The contributing authors are Drs. Sam John, Candis McGraw-Senat, and Drew Cates as well as two recent graduates, Drs. Hiral
Gandhi and Melissa Williams.
- Manuscript, “Retrospective Review of Maternal and Fetal Outcomes in Gestational Diabetes
Mellitus Patients in Indigent Prenatal Clinic”, to be published in Diabetes Spectrum.
The contributing authors are Drs. Mandy Reece, Harish Parihar, and P4 student, Mark Martinez.
- Dr. LeAnne Varner received a poster award for her research on Preceptor’s Grading Scale Preferences
for APPE’s at the Annual Meeting of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
in July 2017.
- Dr. Sonia Thomas had publication in Journal of Comprehensive Cancer Research titled, Impact of a Clinical
Pharmacist on Oncology Rounds.
- Dr. Jiehyun (Jay) Lee’s Direct Oral Anticoagulant Management program will be a chapter
in ACCP’s Ambulatory Care Survival Guide, 4th Edition. The program is also a poster
abstract, Implementing a monitoring program for patients on direct oral anticoagulant.
- Dr. Caroline Champion presented Current Issues in Immunizations at the Atlanta Academy
of Institutional Pharmacy - August 17, 2017.