Occupational and Environmental Safety
PCOM's Department of Occupational and Environmental Safety is responsible for ensuring
that PCOM facilities and work environments are consistent with all institutional,
city, state, and federal safety policies, codes and regulations.
The department plans, implements, monitors and reviews the environmental safety strategies
at PCOM, PCOM Georgia and PCOM South Georgia. The department also undertakes inspections,
carries out accident investigations, keeps records and prepares safety case reports.
- Conduct occupational and environmental safety inspections of facilities and work environments.
- Conduct general surveillance of all safety activities, including investigations of
exposures, accidents, spills, losses, thefts, unauthorized receipts, uses, transfers,
disposals and other deviations from approved safety practices, and implementation
of corrective actions.
- Ensure that hazardous materials are used in compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Provide training for personnel who work in or frequent areas where contact with blood-borne
pathogens is likely.
- Conduct or coordinate training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous
condition monitoring, emergency response and use of safety equipment.
Hazardous or chemical spills information
In the event of any hazardous material or chemical spills, isolate the spill, limit
access to the area and contact PCOM Public Safety immediately. Do not attempt to handle the spill yourself. PCOM Public Safety will
contact a representative of the Occupational and Environmental Safety staff who will
coordinate clean-up efforts.
Contact Public Safety
PCOM - 215-871-6351
PCOM Georgia - 678-225-7451
PCOM South Georgia - 229-668-3290