PCOM School of Pharmacy is interested in preceptors who:
- provide direct patient care to diverse patient populations.
- possess appropriate clinical and teaching skills.
- counsel patients on medication therapy and disease states.
- provide medication therapy management services.
- interact with other health care professionals while providing pharmacy care.
Preceptors are evaluated by the Assistant Dean for Experiential Education, Clinical
Coordinator and students. The Assistant Dean and Clinical Coordinator will periodically
conduct site visits with the preceptor to assess student training opportunities and
discuss student experiences with the preceptor. Students are also required to complete
a formal assessment of the preceptor and training experience at the end of each experience.