To produce practitioner-scholars who effectively use empirically-supported, cognitive-behavioral
approaches to diagnose, assess and treat individually and culturally diverse people
in multidisciplinary settings.
- Objective No. 2-1, Relationship Aptitude. Production of graduates who are able to
demonstrate competency in their professional relationships in their ability to work
collaboratively with peers, colleagues, students, faculty, supervisors, members of
other disciplines, clients and community organizations.
- Competency 2-1-a: To demonstrate the ability to form a working alliance with patients
- Competency 2-1-b: To demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with multidisciplinary
team members, communicate professionally, follow operating procedures and participate
in furthering the work and mission of the organization.
- Objective No. 2-2, Assessment and Diagnosis. Production of graduates who are able
to accurately and effectively diagnose and define clinical problems by properly implementing
appropriate psychological assessments and measurements.
- Competency 2-2-a: To demonstrate acquisition of the current body of knowledge of assessment
and diagnostic skills
- Competency 2-2-b: To demonstrate the ability to gather appropriate clinical information,
form a case conceptualization and communicate results in an ethical and professional
- Objective No. 2-3, Interventions. Production of graduates who are able to effectively
formulate and implement empirically-supported cognitive and behavioral intervention
strategies appropriate for individual and culturally diverse populations in multidisciplinary
- Competency 2-3-a: To demonstrate acquisition of the current body of knowledge of intervention
- Competency 2-3-b: To demonstrate the ability to effectively implement interventions.