Forensic Biology Concentration
Master of Science (MS) in Biomedical Sciences
Combined training in the fields of biomedical sciences and forensic medicine provides
students in the Forensic Biology Concentration with an array of engaging career options.
As the only forensic medicine program in the region that was developed and is overseen
by a board-certified forensic pathologist—all within a medical school environment—PCOM's
Master of Science (MS) in Biomedical Sciences with a concentration in forensic biology is uniquely positioned to prepare its graduates
for success in the field.
REQUEST PROGRAM INFORMATION
Students who have earned the MS in Biomedical Sciences with the Forensic Biology Concentration
have pursued careers including:
- Accident scene investigator
- Autopsy investigator
- Forensic investigator
- Lecturer in higher education
- Legal consultant
- Professional school (DO, MD)
- Social services investigator and/or advocate
Upon the completion of the MS in Biomedical Sciences with a concentration in forensic
biology, each student will:
- demonstrate a core foundation in theory and principles of forensic science.
- apply basic skills of forensic pathology.
- interpret research in forensics and design studies.
- show proficiency in death-scene investigation.
- apply advanced skills to access, synthesize and interpret forensic and biomedical
- demonstrate an understanding of scientific method, data analysis, and empirical inquiry,
including the design of forensic studies.
- show proficiency in written and oral communication of bioscience and forensic topics
- demonstrate effective use of computer technology in biomedical science and forensic