If possible, directly inform the sexual harasser that such conduct is unwelcome and
Employees or faculty who are subject to or observe any form of sexual harassment should
report the incident to their supervisor immediately. If the harassment is by the supervisor,
the employee should contact the Human Resources Director. The complaint will be investigated,
and if it is substantiated, disciplinary action will be taken, up to and including
discharge. Students who are subject to or observe any form of sexual harassment should
report this incident to the Human Resources Director describing the actions or words.
A report of sexual or other harassment will be treated seriously, and a thorough and
prompt investigation will be conducted. An individual who files a complaint will be
treated fairly and courteously at all times. In filing a complaint, the individual
will be requested to provide a written statement of all relevant facts, including
the names of witnesses or other individuals known by the complaining person to have
The following procedure will be followed:
- Informal Procedure
- Determine with the Human Resources Director if the matter can be resolved satisfactorily
- The complainant deciding to handle the situation her/himself by asking the offender
to stop the behavior, or
- The Human Resources Director can intervene to stop the behavior by reprimanding the
offender, without any formal disciplinary action.
- Formal Procedure
- If an informal resolution is not possible or if you decide to pursue the matter formally,
the following procedure will be followed:
- The Human Resources Director will promptly interview the complainant, the accused
harasser, and any witnesses.