Postdoctoral Researcher-in-Residence, Center for Ecology and Evolutionary Studies,
Ohio University, 2010 – 2012
PhD, Vertebrate Paleontology, The University of Texas at Austin, 2010
MS, Organismic and Evolutionary Biology, University of Massachusetts, 2002–2005
BS, Geology, Stony Brook University 1997– 2001
Dr. Claeson maintains four active areas of research in which students and volunteers
at PCOM may participate in her lab; 1) Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy, 2) Variation
in Human Anatomy, 3) Paleontology and Evolutionary Biology, and most recently 4) Collaborative
work with Osteopathic Physicians. Tools and data types include histology, radiography,
computed tomography, dissection, photography, illustration, and extensive literature
reviews. Independent projects are encouraged that seek to answer questions about vertebrate
form and function. Thus, if you have a desire to study a particular system or organism,
she will work with you to develop a project.
National Science Foundation (PI-O’Connor, co-PIs K. Claeson, J. Sertich). ANT_118473,
“Collaborative Research: Late Cretaceous-Paleogene vertebrates from Antarctica: Implications
for paleobiogeography, paleoenvironment, and extinction in polar Gondwana,” $98,324.00,
Volunteer and Leadership Activities
- Chair-elect. Education and Outreach Committee for the Society of Vertebrate Paleontology.
- Committee Member. AAA Regional Meeting Program Sub-committee for October 2014. January
- Secretary. Division of Phylogenetic and Comparative Biology for the Society of Integrative
and Comparative Biology. January 2013–present
- Committee Member. Dawson Award for Predoctoral Research for the Society of Vertebrate
Paleontology. February 2012–present
- Committee Member. Education and Outreach Committee for the Society of Vertebrate Paleontology.
November 2011–November 2013.
- Panel Member of the Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology Memoir Committee. February
2011– January 2014
- Regular Member of the Program Committee for the Society of Vertebrate Paleontology.
May 2010–January 2014