Just as PCOM faculty teach our students to see the whole person, we see the whole
student. When we review an application for admission, we look beyond transcripts and
test scores to discover who they really are, and the professional they wish to become.
A letter of recommendation aids us immensely in that discovery process.
How to Submit a Recommendation for a PCOM Applicant:
- In order to submit a letter of recommendation to the PCOM Office of Admissions, please
email us at email@example.com with the letter attached.
- We require that all letters be submitted on official letterhead and prefer a signature.
- It is helpful if you are able to add the following information in the letter content,
- relationship to applicant (i.e. advisor, supervisor)
- course title and/or code (for faculty recommenders)
- CAS (Central Application Service) identification number
- your recommendation is with or without reservations
In addition, in evaluating the suitability of applicants for our programs, we find
that the most helpful letters address the following elements (including examples):
- Academic ability
- Oral expression
- Written expression
- Social awareness
- Emotional maturity
- Ability to work with others
- Openness to individual and cultural diversity
- Leadership potential
- Research skills
- Potential for success
- Interpersonal skills
Thank you for your support of PCOM's mission to enroll the most prepared and committed
students. We greatly appreciate and value your insight!
Interested in PCOM's plan for the future? Learn about our strategic initiatives in
the President's Report.