THOMAS J. LAST, PHD
Department of Bio-Medical Sciences - PCOM South Georgia
Associate Professor of Biochemistry and Cellular Genetics
Dr. Last has been training medical students continuously since 2002, primarily teaching
Cell and Molecular Biology, Medical Genetics and Biochemistry. His previous academic
roles and experiences also include those of an Associate Dean of Basic Sciences, Dean
of Student Affairs, NBME Executive Chief Proctor, Human Resources administrator, and
service on numerous academic committees.
Dr. Last is a strong advocate for incorporating active learning methods and technologies
into medical education. His goal is to help guide medical students successfully achieve
their dream of becoming physicians.
- BS in Biology from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- PhD in Cell Biology from the University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Cellular and Molecular Basis of Medicine
- Introduction to Hematology and Oncology
- Foundations of Cardiovascular Medicine
- The Outstanding Professor Award (2008) in recognition of superior teaching and commitment
to quality medical education at the Medical University of the Americas.
- The American Society of Cell Biology
- Georgia Genealogical Society