VICTORIA A. TRONCOSO, DO
Professor of Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
Chair of Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
Medical Director for the Georgia Osteopathic Care Center
Georgia Osteopathic Care Center
Dr. Victoria Troncoso is trained in internal medicine and is a member of the American
College of Osteopathic Internists. She is board certified in Neuromusculoskeletal
Medicine and has 29 years of combined OMM/IM private practice experience.
Dr. Troncoso has been dedicated to teaching osteopathic principles to medical students
since 1996. She is very passionate about osteopathic medicine and works closely with
her students to ensure their success.
- UOMHS/ Des Moines University - DO degree
- Delaware Valley Medical Center - General Rotating Internship
- Delaware Valley Medical Center - Internal Medicine Residency
- 1/01/2017-1/01/2019 PI: Victoria Troncoso D.O. 100%
ATSU-SOMA Educational Osteopathic Center for Children John C. Lincoln Health Foundation:
Osteopathic Education Endowment Fund
Peer reviewed, foundation, educational grant.
- Osteopathic Principles and Practice; Years 1-4
- 1998: Midwestern University-COM; recipient of MWU award for Excellence in Teaching
- Troncoso VA, Keane JF, Heath D, Goldstein L. Cervicogenic headache: diagnosis and
management. Pract Pain Manag. 2019;19(4)
- Vaidya, P., Vahdatinia, R., Troncoso, V., Goldstein, L., #. Lumbar Lordosis and Back
Pain During Pregnancy. Practical Pain Management. November, 2017, Volume 17, Issue
9, pg. 31-35.
- Vahdatinia, R., Keane, J., Troncoso, V., Goldstein , L., #. Tinnitus: Diagnosis and
Treatment Options. Heighpubs Otolaryngology and Rhinology. 2017; 1: 053-059.
- Goldstein, L., Heath, D., Troncoso, V., Shoup, D., Vahdatinia, R., #. Myofascial Pain:
Overview of Treatment Options. Practical Pain Management. May, 2017, Volume 17, Issue
4, pg. 39-44.
- Goldstein, L., Shoup, D., Troncoso, V., #. Utilizing Acupuncture and Osteopathic Manipulative
Treatment (OMT) in the Treatment of TMD’s. Otolaryngology: Open Access. Goldstein
et al., Otolaryngol (Sunnyvale) 2017, 7:1.
- Vahdatinia, R., Goldstein, L., Troncoso, V., Shoup, D., #. Treatment Options for Sciatica:
Surgery, Epidural Injections, and Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment. Journal of Pain
Management and Medicine; 2017; Volume 3, Issue 1.
- Troncoso, V., Vahdatinia, R., Heath, D., Goldstein, L., #. Osteopathic Treatment Considerations
for Head, Neck and Facial Pain. Practical Pain Management. December, 2016, Volume
16, Issue 10, pg. 52-55.
- Troncoso, V., Heath, D., Wilson, K., Vahdatinia, R., Goldstein, L., #. Low Back Pain
and Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine: A Trend in Pain Management. Practical Pain
Management. October, 2016, Volume 16, Issue 8, pg. 44-46.
- Goldstein, L., Troncoso, V., Vahdatinia, R., Prevention of Acute Sickle Cell Crisis:
Review of the NEJM Report. Practical Pain Management. December 23, 2016. Electronic
publication. http://www.practicalpainmanagement.com/resources/news-and- research/prevention-acute-sickle-cell-crisis-review-nejm-report
- Goldstein, L., Troncoso, V., Overview of Exertional Rhabdomyolysis. Practical Pain
Management. November, 2016, Volume 16, Issue 9, pg. 65-66.
- Johns, P., Krup, K., Troncoso, V., Esophageal Bezoar Formation in a Tube Fed Patient
Receiving Sucralfate and Antacid Therapy: A Case Report. Gastroenterology Nursing:
Volume 18, Number 2, pg. 46-48.
- 2001-present: Faculty and member in Traditional Osteopathic Studies
- 1997-present: Arizona Osteopathic Medical Association
- 1993-present: American College of Osteopathic Internists
- 1993-present: American Osteopathic Association
- 1987-present: Cranial Academy
- 1985-present: American Academy of Osteopathy