KRISTIE PETREE, DO
Department of Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine - Georgia
Osteopathic Principles and Practice Year One Course Director
Assistant Professor of Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine and Osteopathic Manipulative
Kristie Petree, DO, is an assistant professor of osteopathic manipulative medicine
(OMM) at GA-PCOM. She grew up in Florida and obtained a Bachelor of Science in Molecular
Biology and Microbiology from the University of Central Florida. Dr. Petree went to
medical school at the Georgia Campus - Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
in Suwanee, Georgia and graduated with honors in 2013. Prior to graduation, she served
as one of the inaugural Osteopathic Undergraduate Teaching Scholars.
Dr. Petree completed a traditional osteopathic internship at E. W. Sparrow Hospital
in Lansing, Michigan in 2014, then continued onto residency in neuromusculoskeletal
medicine and osteopathic manipulative medicine at the Michigan State University College
of Osteopathic Medicine. She served as chief resident her senior year, the SAAO liaison
for the PAAO and was awarded the AAO Resident of the Year in 2016. Dr. Petree has
published articles in the JAOA, the AAOJ and the IJOM.
- University of Central Florida - Associate of Arts Degree
- University of Central Florida - Bachelor of Science Degree
- Georgia Campus - Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine - DO
- Osteopathic Principles and Practice - First Year Course
- Osteopathic Principles and Practice - Second Year Course
- American Academy of Osteopathy Resident of the Year Award - 2016
- Petree, K, and Bruner J; "Postoperative Singultus: An Osteopathic Approach," Journal
of the American Osteopathic Association; 2015, 115 (3): 166-168
- Olds, K, and Bruner J; "Ocular Osteopathy: Worth a Second Look," American Academy
of Osteopathy Journal; 2014, 24(4): 9-11.
- Olds, K., Berkowitz MR; "Isolated Calcaneofibular Ligament Injuries Treated with Osteopathic
Manipulative Treatment (OMT): A Case Series," International Journal of Osteopathic
Medicine; 2012, 15:166-172.
- Ishii J, Ehrenfeuchter WC, Olds KM, Berkowitz MR; "Sacroiliac joint sparing in a patient
with ankylosing spondylitis – An osteopathic approach," American Academy of Osteopathy
Journal; 2011, 21(4): 35-39.
- ACOM 2017 "Multiple Teaching Methods in OMS III Year Improves OMM Learning and Retention"
and "Early OMM/OPP Clinical Experience in a Structured Setting for OMS II"
- American Academy of Osteopathy
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Osteopathic Directors and Medical Educators