Center for Teaching Support and Professional Development
Our department mission is to promote teaching excellence with effective educational
strategies, resources and technologies; and support professional development, continuing
educational and lifelong learning.
Our vision is to support the PCOM community with training and resources to inspire
and empower current and future health professionals, allowing them to become lifelong
learners and excel in their professions.
Our goals are to:
- Conduct professional development programs to establish best practices in maximizing
the use of educational strategies.
- Share and celebrate academic initiatives currently being conducted across the PCOM
community at our PCOM, PCOM Georgia and PCOM South Georgia locations.
- Foster a spirit of enthusiasm for teaching by exploring new instructional methodologies.
- Facilitate interprofessional collaboration by promoting academic initiatives across
- Encourage educational research as it relates to academic initiatives.
- Promote online and blended learning initiatives across programs.
- Enhance continuing education opportunities for health care professionals.
- Promote library services to support teaching, learning, research and clinical activities.
Our services support teaching, assessment, student engagement and life-long learning
at PCOM's three locations:
- On demand educator resources
Tips, how-to guides, newsletters, instructional videos, checklists, workbooks.
- Faculty and staff development programs
Synchronous (live) and asynchronous, face-to-face and webinar workshops, professional
development sessions, courses.
- Consultative services for educators
Instructional design support; consultation; evaluation of course design, instructional
methods and assessment strategies.
- Liaison services
Facilitate collaboration with our departments (such as library services, research
and simulation centers) to explore opportunities to incorporate educational resources
in teaching methods, curriculum and assessment.
- Clinical education resources and programs
Resources and programs specifically designed for educators in the clinical setting.
- Continuing Education (CE) and Continuing Medical Education (CME) Opportunities
Face-to-face, live, webinar and recorded opportunities; satisfying educational requirements
PCOM faculty and staff may access educational and instructional resources by visiting our faculty resources in myPCOM. Resources include worksheets, instructional videos and documents, tips for engaging
students and more.
Join Our Mailing List
For those clinical educators and preceptors who supervise PCOM students, we want to
make sure to share important professional development opportunities with you. To receive
professional development promotions and our monthly THRIVE Professional Development
Newsletter, please complete the form below so we may add you to our mailing list.
We have offices at PCOM and PCOM Georgia, and we provide support to all of the College's
locations and academic programs.
Our department number is 215-871-6689.