KERRI NEWTON, PHD
Department of Counseling
Director of Clinical Training
Dr. Kerri Newton received her master's degree in clinical counseling psychology from
Chestnut Hill College. She received her Doctor of Philosophy in educational psychology
at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. Her dissertation focused on creating
a trauma-informed, classroom-wide approach to supporting students (specifically students
with autism) and staff that experienced trauma through the use of the Sanctuary Model.
In clinical practice, Dr. Newton has supported the mental health field throughout
various opportunities that include work as a lead clinician, providing coaching and
clinical supervision, as well as conducting post-doctoral evaluations for trauma survivors.
Her clinical experience positions her to mentor students in both clinical work and
Dr. Newton enjoys teaching, working with students and providing mentorship.
- LaSalle University; BA; 2006
- Chestnut Hill College; MS; 2014
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine; PhD; 2021
- COUN 505: Counseling Skills
- COUN 508: Lifespan Development
- COUN 561: Practicum Seminar
- COUN 562 Internship Seminar I
- COUN 563: Internship Seminar II
- COUN 585: Internship Seminar III