MS in Biomedical Sciences
If your passion is the life sciences, particularly its practical application in health
care or in research, a graduate degree in biomedical sciences will provide you with
the skills and knowledge necessary to pursue various scientific careers and professional
Students receive rigorous training within a learning environment that emphasizes medical,
biotechnological, research and clinical applications. This training is delivered by
faculty who are experts in their fields. Additionally, as a medical school and healthcare
provider, PCOM offers a collaborative learning framework with exposure to multiple
Our graduates have pursued various career paths including:
- Advanced professional degrees in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, optometry
- Research and technology careers focused on biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, medical
technology and research and development.
- Allied health careers including nursing, medical technician and physician assistant.
- Civil service, education and policy roles as administrators, investigators, scientific
writers, educators and public health experts.
The success of PCOM’s Biomedical Sciences program is defined by the success of its
students. The program focuses on the development of a solid knowledge base with an
emphasis on developing strong academic and professional skills. Highlights of our
- A foundation in biomedical sciences which offers a wide career path and many choices
- Access to faculty, advisement and networking across a variety of medical-related programs.
- Course offerings and research resources from both the Philadelphia and Georgia campuses
in the degree candidacy (concentration) year.
- Exposure to a wide range of expertise and experience through the exceptional scientists
who comprise PCOM’s faculty.
Students pursuing a Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences complete foundation year coursework and then progress to one of several second-year degree concentrations.