The Mission of the PCOM Physician Assistant Program is to educate highly qualified
physician assistants, focusing on preparing them to become competent, compassionate,
and comprehensive health care providers for clinical practice in the broad range of
practice settings in both primary and specialty care fields that reflect the changing
health care environment.
The educational philosophy of the PCOM Physician Assistant Program is that our graduates will be leaders in the health care community, striving for excellence in all academic and professional endeavors while helping to provide health care for those in need.
1. We will be accountable for our professional and personal behavior.
2. We will be mindful of the compassionate, caring and daily responsibility we have to our patients, peers and health care professionals we work with as a team.
3. We will conduct ourselves in the highest ethical manner in concert with the AAPA code of ethics in relationships with students, peers, faculty, and other health care professionals.
4. We will be honest and truthful in all our professional dealings within and outside of the department of Physician Assistant Studies.
5. We will encourage new ideas and approaches to learning.
1. We will have the courage to meet the intense demands of our profession and our patients.
2. We will make decisions and act in the best interest of our profession and our patients.
3. We will attempt to overcome all challenges while adhering to the highest standards of personal and professional conduct.
1. We will foster respect for each other and our peers on a daily basis.
2. We will show concern for the professional and personal well-being of one another.
3. We will show respect to all people without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation or gender.
4. We will continue to strive for positive change, lifelong learning and personal improvement.
5. We will exhibit the highest degree of moral character, professional excellence, quality and competence in all that we do.