PCOM Wellness Fest
September 22, 2018
Saturday, September 22, 2018
10:00 AM - 3:00 PMPhiladelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
4170 City Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19131REGISTER ONLINE
The local community is invited to attend this fun-filled afternoon of free edu-tainment
Free Healthcare Screenings
Healthcare activities include:
- Blood pressure screenings
- Flu shots
- Glucose screenings/A1C
- Height/weight/BMI screenings
- Speech screenings
- Vision screenings
- Hearing screenings
The PCOM Wellness Fest will include a number of activities for children including:
- The Vetri Community Partnership’s Mobile Teaching Kitchen – 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Story Times with The Free Library of Philadelphia – 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 12:30-1:00
- Balloon artists
- Face painting
- Bouncy house
- Kids’ handwashing activity
Attendees will have the opportunity to take part in the following fitness class:
- 10:30-11 a.m. – BeautiFitStrong Bootcamp with Audra Anusionwu
- 11:15-11:45 a.m. – Maria Rossi Cardio Fitness
- 12-12:30 p.m. – Maria Rossi Strength Training Fitness
- 1-2 p.m. – Line Dancing with LadyBug Entertainment
- 2:30-3 p.m. – Yoga with Christine
Presented by CulinArt – 10:30-12:00 p.m. and 1:00-2:30 p.m.
- Live music with DJ Silverdown
- More101 FM
- 10:30-11 a.m. – Fighting Obesity - with Peter Bidey, DO, Medical Director of Family Medicine at PCOM
- 11-11:30 a.m. - Medline Plus Online Health Information
- 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. –Cold and Flu Season – with Jennifer Caudle, DO, Family Medicine Physician and Guest Speaker
- 1:15-1:45 p.m. – Breast Health - with Monique Gary, DO , Breast Surgical Oncologist, Grand View Health
- 2-2:30 p.m. – Colon Cancer - with J. Steven Blake, DO, Black Gastroenterology Associates
- 2:30-3 p.m. - Medline Plus Online Health Information
- 2:30 - 3 p.m. - Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM) with Alexander King, DO
- Chair Massages from Hot Hands Spa
- Meditation with Jessica Kendorski - 10:30-11 a.m. and 1:45-2:15 p.m.
- Acupuncture by Yang Institute of Integrative Medicine – 11:15 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Attendees will receive one ticket upon entry to be used for lunch at any of the food
Proceeds raised will benefit the PCOM Healthcare Centers and enable them to provide innovative programs and wellness groups focused on diabetes
support, nutrition, medical yoga, exercise, and stress management.
General questions and sponsorship inquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free parking will be available for attendees in the PCOM parking lot located on Monument
Please note: PCOM is a tobacco-free campus and pets are not permitted at this event.