MS in Public Health Management and Administration
The customized Master of Science in Public Health Management and Administration program
at PCOM is designed to enhance leadership skills that are critically important in
the evolving landscape of public health.
REQUEST PROGRAM INFORMATION
If you're a professional looking to enter the field of public health management, this
program is designed for you. Students are engaged in learning that focuses on leadership,
administration and the challenges and opportunities inherent in public health practice
today. Graduates of the program will emerge with a better understanding of how to successfully
manage change in the fast-moving arena of public health organizations.
The program's action learning orientation develops leaders who have an understanding
of public health management systems and ideology; embrace collaboration to achieve
desired results; have the ability to lead organizational change; and engage in reflective
practice to continually develop and enhance their performance as practitioner-scholars.
Holistic Approach to Management
The PHMA program teaches learners to take a "whole-systems" approach to public health
management and administration, including applied principles of innovation and styles
of inquiry, data collection and use, and evidence-based practice to inform decision-making.
Intentionally designed as a cohort-based learning experience for the working professional,
the program prepares learners to better understand organizations as dynamic systems.
Program competencies include:
- Public health, advocacy and public policy
- Business acumen and financial management for nonprofits
- Management, administration and change leadership
- Evidence-based practice and decision-making
- Reflective practice and self-awareness
- Relational health and group process skills
- Systems thinking
- Communication; cultural competence; coaching and mentoring; and personal character
Degree and certificate formats
PCOM offers the following program options:
This program is a collaboration between PCOM and the nonprofit Public Health Management Corporation. Taught by renowned faculty, including those from PCOM and PHMC, classes are conveniently
offered on weekends at PHMC's office facilities located in the heart of Center City,
Ideal participants for this program are aspiring leaders who want to:
- Learn more about managing and leading public health organizations
- Enhance communication and interpersonal skills
- Learn to lead change from anywhere in the organization
- Be more effective at leveraging relationships, creating transactions, and building
- Utilize collaboration as a key strategy to achieve optimal results
- Learn more about program development and necessary alignment with the funding environment
Cost of attendance and financial aid