Student Learning Goals
MS in Mental Health Counseling
Our program is designed to:
- Prepare practitioner-scholars who possess a comprehensive understanding of the field
of mental health counseling across theoretical, research and applied practice domains.
- Prepare students to understand counseling history and philosophy.
- Prepare students for individual and group approaches to assessment and evaluation.
- Provide students with an understanding of the cultural context of relationships, issues
and trends in a multicultural and diverse society.
- Instruct students in counseling, consultation and psychotherapy processes.
- Model and instill the values of advocacy and social justice.