MS in Mental Health Counseling
Learn about our objectives for the MS in Mental Health Counseling program:
- The program meets the requirements required for licensure as a licensed professional
counselor in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and many other states.
- Upon graduation, students in the program are able to demonstrate that they meet professional,
legal and ethical counseling practice standards.
- The program will prepare students to use evidence-based counseling practices in mental
health counseling interventions.
- The program graduates students who have completed 60 credits of coursework and supervised
field experience, typically in two years and in no more than five years.
- The program’s graduates demonstrate knowledge of issues related to providing services
to individually and culturally diverse clients, providing services that are culturally
competent and sensitive to individual diversity.