Organizational Leadership in the Biosciences
Our students will demonstrate knowledge of and proficiency in the following areas
upon completion of the organizational leadership concentration:
- Leadership and ethics
- Self-awareness and authenticity
- Group dynamics
- Systems thinking
- Conceptual intervention design
- Business/organizational knowledge acumen
- Coaching and mentoring
- Effective communication
- Diversity and inclusion
Students will also be able to:
- apply skills and techniques of organizational leadership, psychological theory, program
evaluation and performance-based outcomes measures in bioscience leadership.
- apply the theoretical aspects of group, organizational and systemic thought in the
- demonstrate an understanding of scientific method, data analysis and empirical inquiry.
- apply advanced skills to access, synthesize and interpret relevant literature.
- show proficiency in written and oral communication of bioscience and organizational
- demonstrate effective use of computer technology in researching biomedical science
and organizational leadership topics.