Policies and Procedures
Information Technology Services
All users of PCOM computing and telecommunications systems—whether on or off-campus—must
adhere to these policies and procedures.
ITS has developed policies and procedures to comply with federal and state laws, terms
of software licenses, and similar mandates and statutes.
Summary of Policies
Appropriate use of PCOM’s computing resources can be summarized as follows:
- Ask for help if you need it. You can reach us at extension 6110.
- Protect your access to these privileged resources with strong passwords and don't
share your passwords with anyone.
- Be judicious in your use of email and remember email systems may not be as secure
as you think.
- Do not install any software on the PCOM network computers and don't copy software
from the PCOM network.
- Complete and submit the appropriate signed form for software and hardware items requiring
installation, service or purchase.
- Allow sufficient time for us to process your request.
You are responsible for ascertaining what authorizations, if any, are necessary before
using PCOM computing resources, including those not explicitly identified in these
policies. Any violation of these policies may result in revocation of access, suspension
of accounts, disciplinary action or prosecution.
Full Policies and Procedures
- View full policy documents