Supervisor of Shipping and Receiving
At Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM), we espouse to grow a culturally
competent workforce to advance medicine that touches the lives of underserved communities.
Diversity and inclusion is the core component of our institutional identity and a
key pillar of PCOM’s strategic vision. PCOM affirms that diversity and inclusion are
crucial to the intellectual vitality of the campus community. It is through freedom
of exchange over different ideas and viewpoints in supportive environments that our
graduates develop the critical thinking and citizenship skills that will benefit them
throughout their lives.
Since 1899, PCOM has trained highly competent, caring physicians, health practitioners
and behavioral scientists who practice a “whole person” approach to care - treating
people, not just symptoms. As the field of medicine has changed, we've changed with
it - adapting our program offerings to better meet the needs of healthcare providers
and the communities they serve. At the main campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM),
the branch campus in Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in Moultrie,
Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to approach problem solving in a
more professional, more team-oriented manner, which prepares them to work successfully
in integrated healthcare settings with other health professionals.
The supervisor of shipping and receiving supervises the lead storeroom clerk, the
courier/storeroom clerk, and FWS students (when applicable) to ensure all tasks for
the shipping and receiving areas are performed timely and accurately.
This position is based at PCOM (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Supervise shipping and receiving personnel to ensure all shipping and receiving tasks
are completed timely and accurately. Ensures proper coverage at all times.
- Conduct and document proper training of all shipping and receiving personnel
- Assists team with receiving all incoming packages, cartons, equipment and/or supplies
utilizing both computerized and paper receiving processes
- Assists team with delivering all incoming packages, cartons, equipment and/or supplies
to their designated locations
- Ensures courier duties are completed to all off site locations in a timely and accurate
- Ensures campus van is maintained per policy and regulations.
- Ensures logs for the campus van are completed daily.
- Assists with receiving and distributing stored items to designated locations including
- Assists team with assigning equipment/asset tags to campus equipment, including equipment
for the healthcare centers.
- Compiles and reports all equipment/asset tags for the College
- Responsible for completion of monthly reports to be distributed to various departments.
- Accurately utilizes all of distribution services’ technology and softwares including
but not limited to the Microsoft suite, Quadient’s WTS handheld palm pilots, Quadient’s
WTS receiving software, Banner, Unimarket, Chrome River, Pitney Bowes, Quadient’s
shipping and reporting system.
- Maintains established institutional and department policies and procedures, objectives
and quality and safety standards.
- Operates equipment safely; adjusts, cleans and maintains the same.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
*Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. and pass a criminal background
- Associate’s degree or equivalent related experience is required.
- Minimum three (3) years supervisory experience.
- Minimum five (5) years shipping and receiving experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications is required.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver's license issued by state of residence with no accidents and/or violations
in the past three (3) years.
- Pushes/pulls or moves/lifts heavy equipment/supplies
- Extremely heavy physical effort (lift/carry 50 lbs. or more)
- Frequent prolonged standing/walking
All inquiries MUST include:
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration.
We adhere to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship
status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.