Supervisor of Mail Services
At Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM), we espouse to grow a culturally
competent workforce to advance medicine that touches the lives of underserved communities.
Diversity and inclusion is the core component of our institutional identity and a
key pillar of PCOM’s strategic vision. PCOM affirms that diversity and inclusion are
crucial to the intellectual vitality of the campus community. It is through freedom
of exchange over different ideas and viewpoints in supportive environments that our
graduates develop the critical thinking and citizenship skills that will benefit them
throughout their lives.
Since 1899, PCOM has trained highly competent, caring physicians, health practitioners
and behavioral scientists who practice a “whole person” approach to care - treating
people, not just symptoms. As the field of medicine has changed, we've changed with
it - adapting our program offerings to better meet the needs of healthcare providers
and the communities they serve. At the main campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM),
the branch campus in Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in Moultrie,
Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to approach problem solving in a
more professional, more team-oriented manner, which prepares them to work successfully
in integrated healthcare settings with other health professionals.
The supervisor of mail services supervises the mail clerk and FWS students (when applicable)
to ensure all tasks for the mail areas are performed timely and accurately.
This position is based at PCOM (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Supervise mail personnel to ensure all mail tasks are completed timely and accurately.
Ensures proper coverage at all times.
- Responsible for processing and completion of all bulk mail projects.
- Responsible for computer importing and exporting of files in various formats to be
automated for the best postal discounts.
- Operates and maintains computer addressing system, tabbing, inserting, labeling and
mail processing equipment for mail and bulk mail projects.
- Conduct and document proper training of all mail personnel.
- Processes bulk mailings through Pitney Bowes and Quadient systems; mail merge, inserting
and addressing letter and envelope machine.
- Sorts, processes, seals and posts all outgoing mail by hand or machine in compliance
with USPS regulations.
- Assist with sorting and distributing mail to the correct destination, according to
schedule, all incoming and interoffice mail and small parcels.
- Assist with opening and determining the destination of all incompletely addressed
mail. Processes daily mail that needs to be returned or forwarded.
- Functions as the timekeeper for Distribution Services on all campuses.
- Responsible for replenishing funds in PA mail accounts.
- Responsible for completion of monthly reports to be distributed to various departments.
- Accurately utilizes all of distribution services’ technology and softwares including
but not limited to the Microsoft suite, Quadient’s WTS handheld palm pilots, Quadient’s
WTS receiving software, Banner, Unimarket, Chrome River, Pitney Bowes, and Quadient’s
shipping and reporting system.
- Picks up, delivers mail and parcels using company owned vehicles as needed.
- Maintains established institutional and department policies and procedures, objectives
and quality and safety standards.
- Operates equipment safely; adjusts, cleans and maintains the same.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
*Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. and pass a criminal background
- Associate’s degree or equivalent related experience is required.
- Minimum three (3) years supervisory experience.
- Minimum five (5) years shipping and receiving experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications is required.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver's license issued by state of residence with no accidents and/or violations
in the past three (3) years.
- Pushes/pulls or moves/lifts heavy equipment/supplies
- Extremely heavy physical effort (lift/carry 50 lbs. or more)
- Frequent prolonged standing/walking
All inquiries MUST include:
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration.
We adhere to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship
status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.