PCOM South Georgia
Seeking individuals who will role-play medical issues both virtually via telemedicine
and in-person and help evaluate clinical and interpersonal skills of medical students.
Candidates must be willing to participate in a series of physical exams while in a
hospital gown in a simulated clinical exam room. Non invasive procedures are performed.
Scheduling is on an as-needed basis on various days.
This position is based at PCOM South Georgia (Moultrie, Georgia).
- Paid training
- $20.50 per hour
- Part-time temporary position (no guarantee of consistent hours)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Simulate a patient and portray a variety of physical symptoms and behaviors.
- Participate in a series of physical examinations wearing a hospital gown.
- Memorize detailed case information and respond to student questions.
- Accurately recall student performance during clinical scenarios.
- Evaluate students on clinical and interpersonal skills utilizing various evaluation
- Provide verbal and/or written feedback to students based on a specific set of guidelines.
Occasional additional duties and expectations include (but are not limited to) the
- Performing various administrative and technical tasks.
- Assisting with:
- Audiovisual system
- Coordinating students and activities
- Quality assurance and training
- Supporting in any way necessary to contribute to the operation and function of the
- Flexibility regarding duties, scheduling, and assignments is expected.
- Bilingual Spanish skills are helpful
*Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. and pass a criminal background
- Reliability, punctuality, flexibility, dependable transportation.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills and ability to learn various software applications;
daily email access.
- Strong reading, writing, and communication skills.
- Ability/willingness to:
- Memorize a case and accurately portray a patient with specific symptoms or behaviors.
- Learn, recall, evaluate and accurately document student medical and interpersonal
- Provide verbal or written feedback to students in clear English based on specific
- Strong technical skills in the following:
- Comfortable with virtual interactions and meetings.
- Connect and interact with learners via virtual meeting technologies (Zoom, etc.).
- Ability to troubleshoot technology connectivity issues when using remote access.
- Maintain confidentiality relating to program and students.
- Dress in a patient gown with only undergarments underneath.
- Undergo detailed physical examination by medical students.
- Be observed live and audio/video recorded.
- Accept ongoing feedback from staff and colleagues.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- No prior experience necessary - medical or acting experience is helpful, but not essential.
- Sit on an exam table or stand for up to four hours without a break.
- Frequently change positions (i.e. sit, stand, bend, twist, squat, lie down) for up
to four (4) hours.
- Lift up to 30 pounds at one time without assistance.
All inquiries MUST include:
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration.
We adhere to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship
status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
About Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
For more than a century, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine has provided
high quality, hands-on training in osteopathic medicine. As the field of medicine
has changed, we've changed with it-adapting our program offerings to better meet the
needs of healthcare providers and the communities they serve.
At the main campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM), the branch campus in Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in Moultrie, Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to approach problem solving in a more professional, more team-oriented
manner, which prepares them to work successfully in integrated healthcare settings
with other health professionals. All campuses feature modern facilities and state-of-the-art
technologies, all part of an innovative learning environment designed for collaboration