Senior Database Administrator
Any PCOM Location
The senior database administrator is responsible for participating and/or leading
projects related to the design, development, installation, upgrades and integration
with Enterprise Applications. This is a senior level position responsible for the
support, maintenance and troubleshooting of complex integrations and applications.
Position contributes to and ensures full compliance to ITS standards, procedures and
This position can be based at any PCOM location (PCOM, PCOM Georgia, or PCOM South
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Design, develop, install, tests, and coordinate database and software modifications,
upgrades and patches.
- Monitors database performance trends to identify anomalies or errors and performs
ongoing tuning of the database instances.
- Develops, plans and establishes database performance baselines.
- Plan and coordinate database security measures.
- Plan and coordinate the architecture of the database and enterprise applications.
- Performs capacity planning for the institution.
- Creates and maintains all Oracle databases required for development, testing, education
and production usage.
- Periodically test the databases backup and recovery process.
- Implements and enforces security for all of the Oracle Databases.
- Plan for database re-organizations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum
uptime of the database.
- Enforce established standards to ensure that all application design and code is produced
with proper integrity, security and performance.
- Perform reviews on the design and code frequently to ensure the site standards are
being adhered to.
- Performs impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
- Plan and direct the monitoring, administrating, and implementing performance on database
systems as well as database performance optimization, developing/changing database
indices, redesigning database structure and reloading data into a database.
- Plan for the continuous reevaluation for enterprise applications and their architecture
to ensure the demand of the user community is met.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics
- Serve as primary interface with the business for the purpose of requirements gathering,
design, testing, and other project related activities.
- Mentors, trains and supports database administrator level I and II positions
- Provide communication and documentation to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
*Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. and pass a criminal background
- Bachelor’s degree in an applied technology area such as information systems or computer
science is required.
- Five (5)+ years in database administration and development or equivalent experience
- Higher education experience is preferred.
All inquiries must include:
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration.
We adhere to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship
status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
About Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
For more than a century, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine has provided
high quality, hands-on training in osteopathic medicine. As the field of medicine
has changed, we've changed with it-adapting our program offerings to better meet the
needs of healthcare providers and the communities they serve.
At the main campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM), the branch campus in Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in Moultrie, Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to approach problem solving in a more professional, more team-oriented
manner, which prepares them to work successfully in integrated healthcare settings
with other health professionals. All campuses feature modern facilities and state-of-the-art
technologies, all part of an innovative learning environment designed for collaboration