Professional Development and Online Learning Coordinator
At Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM), we espouse to grow a culturally
competent workforce to advance medicine that touches the lives of underserved communities.
Diversity and inclusion is the core component of our institutional identity and a
key pillar of PCOM’s strategic vision. PCOM affirms that diversity and inclusion are
crucial to the intellectual vitality of the campus community. It is through freedom
of exchange over different ideas and viewpoints in supportive environments that our
graduates develop the critical thinking and citizenship skills that will benefit them
throughout their lives.
Since 1899, PCOM has trained highly competent, caring physicians, health practitioners
and behavioral scientists who practice a “whole person” approach to care - treating
people, not just symptoms. As the field of medicine has changed, we've changed with
it - adapting our program offerings to better meet the needs of healthcare providers
and the communities they serve. At the main campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM),
the branch campus in Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in Moultrie,
Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to approach problem solving in a
more professional, more team-oriented manner, which prepares them to work successfully
in integrated healthcare settings with other health professionals.
The Professional Development and Online Learning Coordinator (PDOL Coordinator) will
report directly to the Assistant Director for Professional Development and Online
Learning (AD-PDOL). Primary responsibilities include providing instructional support
for educational technologies (e.g. Examsoft, Blackboard, screencasting, and other
learning technologies) used by faculty and staff. Other responsibilities include supporting
faculty development and training initiatives across educational programs, as well
as providing onsite faculty and staff support at the PCOM Georgia and PCOM South Georgia
campus. Provides administrative support for faculty and staff training and support
(schedule, promote, support and track attendance for live and virtual training programs;
maintain documentation such as spreadsheets and reports of training and support activities).
Collaborates with the other departmental administrative staff and faculty across all
academic programs at PCOM, PCOM Georgia and PCOM South Georgia.
This position is based at PCOM Georgia (Suwanee, Georgia).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
Faculty Development and Educational Technologies Support
- Provide training and support for faculty and staff with educational technologies used
by faculty and staff.
- Serve as a liaison between end users (faculty and staff) and technical teams (ITS
and Examsoft/Blackboard Support).
- Support PDOL in fostering collaboration across programs and campuses to allow successful
implementation of educational initiatives.
- Provide training and support for Learning Management System (Blackboard Learn/Collaborate),
assessment and exam systems (ExamSoft), active learning and educational technology
tools with special focus on staff and faculty at PCOM Georgia and PCOM South Georgia.
- Coordinate the schedule and agenda for quarterly meetings with ExamSoft department
administrators across the university.
- Provide first line response for end users requiring assistance with Examsoft and various
other learning technologies.
- Triage and escalate problems to support teams within the departments of PDOL and ITS.
- Assist in the development of durable on-demand training materials (instructional videos
and how-to documents).
- Assist faculty with creating pre-recorded educational videos and screencasts (e.g.
PowerPoint, Yuja and Camtasia).
- Schedule, promote, support and track attendance for live and virtual training programs.
- Maintain documentation (e.g spreadsheet and reports) of training and support activities.
- Organize and coordinate on-demand content within PDOL document libraries (e.g. Faculty
and Staff Resources Org, and Blackboard Training for Faculty and Staff).
- Assist academic coordinator (PA) with maintaining calendar of events for PDOL initiatives
- Assist division of Continuing Education/Continuing Medical Education with occasional
onsite registration and conference services (PCOM Georgia and PCOM South Georgia).
- Assist academic coordinator (PA) in the collection of content and dissemination of
monthly THRIVE Newsletter to all PCOM faculty and staff.
- Assist in developing and maintaining policies, procedures and documentation regarding
academic initiatives and training.
- Assists in developing educational partnerships across educational programs, library
services, student affairs, marketing, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Travels 4-5 times per year between PCOM Georgia and PCOM South Georgia.
*Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. and pass a criminal background
- Associate’s degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Coursework in administration, project management, communication, education, instructional
design or related discipline preferred.
- Knowledge of productivity software (Google, Microsoft Products, etc) required.
- Strong understanding of Excel, including pivot table creation and data visualization
- Strong understanding of Google Suite required.
- Strong written, oral and collaborative communication skills required.
- Strong interest in learning and utilizing new technologies required.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Strong customer service skills and appreciation required.
- Previous experience with data analytic and learning management systems preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Normal office procedures, occasionally may lift supplies.
- Occasional early, late and weekend hours required for event registration/facilitation.
- Occasional travel between PCOM Georgia and PCOM South Georgia, as well as clinical
training sites and hospitals where programs may be hosted.
All inquiries MUST include:
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration.
We adhere to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship
status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.