Mail Projects Specialist
The mail projects specialist is responsible for processing the completion of all bulk
mail projects and is also responsible for daily mail activity as assigned.
This position is based at PCOM (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for computer importing and exporting of files in various formats to be
automated for best postal discounts through postal software updates.
- Operates and maintains computer addressing system, tabbing, inserting, labeling and
mail processing equipment for mail and bulk mail projects.
- Processes bulk mailings through Pitney Bowes systems; mail merge, inserting and addressing
letter and envelope machine.
- Sorts, processes, seals and posts all outgoing mail by hand or machine in compliance
with Postal regulations.
- Sorts and distributes mail to the correct destination, according to schedule, all
incoming and interoffice mail and small parcels as assigned.
- Opens and determines destination of all incompletely addressed mail. Processes daily
mail that needs to be returned or forwarded assigned.
- Prepares and distributes monthly reports to the Finance department for both GA and
- Functions as timekeeper for the department for the GA and PA campuses.
- Picks up and delivers mail and parcels using company owned vehicle as needed.
- Responsible for replenishing money in mail accounts for both GA and PA campuses.
- Maintains established institutional and department policies and procedures, objectives
and quality and safety standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
*Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. and pass a criminal background
- Some technical training beyond high school required.
- Three years but less than five years of all phases of corporate mailing operations
and thorough knowledge of USPS regulations, Microsoft applications, computer based
mail management and automated addressing systems.
- USPS, UPS, Fedex and DHL shipping knowledge required.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver’s license issued by state of residence with no accidents and/or violations
in the past three (3) years required.
- Extremely heavy physical effort (lift/carry 50 lbs. or more).
- Frequent prolonged standing/walking.
- Pushes, pulls or moves/lifts heavy equipment/supplies.
- Type of Supervision: Position has responsibility for supervising a function.
All inquiries MUST include:
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration.
We adhere to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship
status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
About Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
For more than a century, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine has provided
high quality, hands-on training in osteopathic medicine. As the field of medicine
has changed, we've changed with it-adapting our program offerings to better meet the
needs of healthcare providers and the communities they serve.
At the main campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM), the branch campus in Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in Moultrie, Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to approach problem solving in a more professional, more team-oriented
manner, which prepares them to work successfully in integrated healthcare settings
with other health professionals. All campuses feature modern facilities and state-of-the-art
technologies, all part of an innovative learning environment designed for collaboration