Administrative Assistant, OMM and PCS
PCOM South Georgia
At Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM), we espouse to grow a culturally
competent workforce to advance medicine that touches the lives of underserved communities.
Diversity and inclusion is the core component of our institutional identity and a
key pillar of PCOM’s strategic vision. PCOM affirms that diversity and inclusion are
crucial to the intellectual vitality of the campus community. It is through freedom
of exchange over different ideas and viewpoints in supportive environments that our
graduates develop the critical thinking and citizenship skills that will benefit them
throughout their lives.
Since 1899, PCOM has trained highly competent, caring physicians, health practitioners
and behavioral scientists who practice a “whole person” approach to care - treating
people, not just symptoms. As the field of medicine has changed, we've changed with
it - adapting our program offerings to better meet the needs of healthcare providers
and the communities they serve. At the main campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM),
the branch campus in Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in Moultrie,
Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to approach problem solving in a
more professional, more team-oriented manner, which prepares them to work successfully
in integrated healthcare settings with other health professionals.
The individual provides professional administrative support to the Osteopathic Manipulative
Medicine (OMM) director and the Primary Care Skills (PCS) director of the osteopathic
medicine program at PCOM South Georgia. This work involves coordinating or overseeing
high level administrative operations of both departments. The individual works under
minimal supervision with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent
This position is based at PCOM South Georgia (Moultrie, Georgia).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
OMM and PCS:
- Populate Blackboard database for the academic term to include all relevant information
for students in an organized and easily to navigate manner.
- Create weekly folders in blackboard for lecture and lab content to be organized into.
- Check the PA blackboard daily for lecture PowerPoint uploads. Follow up with PA admin
to ensure PowerPoints have uploaded at least 24 hours in advance of the lecture as
- Create an announcement to the class for the week’s lecture link.
- Post necessary lab material to SG blackboard.
- Provide exams to SG faculty for review.
- Enter, tag, review and upload test questions into ExamSoft.
- Upload written exams into Examsoft and review Examsoft for the appropriate upload
- Review exam inside of Examsoft after upload to ensure it is ready for release.
- Create an announcement to the class about the upcoming written exam schedule and procedure.
- Coordinate with PCOM South Georgia faculty to ensure that the exam is ready to release
prior to doing so.
- Answer scheduling related written exam questions and work with faculty to ensure all
students with accommodations are properly tested.
- Assist proctoring all written exams.
- Assist coordination, scheduling, and proctoring of written exam makeups.
- Assist faculty in reviewing exam grades and making any necessary corrections.
- Upload/individual input grades from Examsoft into Blackboard.
- Create an announcement to the class that written exam grades have posted.
- Assist in scheduling written exam reviews for students, print, collate, and organize
materials for written exam reviews.
- Assist in scheduling and preparing for remediation tests.
- Manage all written grading documentation in accordance with FERPA regulations.
- Work with the Registrar to ensure grades have posted correctly and on time.
- Coordinate lab makeups, lab switches, and excused absences.
OMM Specific Duties:
- Attend every OMM lab and lecture to run camera systems and audio equipment. Be available
to run out of lecture/lab for materials or emergencies as needed.
- Maintain OMM office hour schedule.
- Maintain OMM fishbowl schedule. Coordinate with work-study as required.
- Maintain OMM scholar schedule and track OMM scholar work hours. Ensure that scholars
are meeting all requirements necessary of the program.
- Print, collate, and organize materials weekly labs and for both practical and lab
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
*Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. and pass a criminal background
- High school degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two to three years of experience working in a fast-paced office environment is preferred.
Required Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite - Excel, Powerpoint, Word, etc.
- Google Suite – specifically Google Calendar for continuous updates throughout the
- Web conferencing- Zoom, BlueJeans, Google Meet, and Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
- A/V equipment in the OMM lab
All inquiries MUST include:
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration.
We adhere to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship
status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.