PCOM's Primary Care Innovation Fund is intended to fund established, commercialized companies that provide services or products that are innovative in the primary care space.
Research funding is not a focus of the Fund, nor are early-stage companies.
Absolutely. While PCOM faculty, staff and students are welcome to submit inquiries to receive funding, those outside of the PCOM community are encouraged to approach us for funding consideration.
The size will depend on the company and capital needs, but given the size of the PCOM Fund, initial funding is expected to be in the range of $100,000 to $500,000.
Companies will be assessed based upon a number of factors, including but not limited to:
1. All companies will receive an initial screening to determine investment potential.
2. Companies making it past the first screen will be invited to pitch their business.
3. Due diligence will be completed on companies that make it past the initial pitch. This process can continue for several weeks. In parallel, investment terms will be discussed and negotiated.
4. Final investment decisions will then be determined for companies successfully completing due diligence.
1. No, in its current form the investment does not make sense for PCOM now or in the
2. No, but with continued progress the investment may make sense for PCOM in the future. Please keep in touch.
3. No, but we would like to be helpful in your development, given our resources and interest in your area.
4. Yes, we would like to schedule a pitch.
Dean Miller, in collaboration with the PCOM Primary Care Innovation Fund Advisory Board.
Investments in the Fund are not currently being solicited nor will they be accepted. If you are an accredited investor who wants to indicate an interest in possibly investing in the Fund at a future time, please use the contact form.