Department of Pharmacy Practice News October 30, 2015
Announcements in the monthly meeting of the PCOM School of Pharmacy Department of
Pharmacy Practice for May through October 2015:
- Dr. Reece was chosen as item writer for FPGEE/PCOA Item Writing Workshop at NABP in
- Dr. Holaway spoke at the First Annual Health Fair/Spring Fest, April 25.
- Drs. Elliott and Reece’s manuscript, “Needles: The Sticky Details” has been accepted
for publication in upcoming issue of Practical Diebetology.
- Dr. Reece is appointed to Governor Deal’s Commission on Medical Cannabis – a committee
that will help set Georgia’s policies on medical marijuana.
- Dr. Reece has been elected to the Board of Directors for the American Association
of Diabetes Educators – a three-year term beginning January 2016.
- Dr. Elliott is on the AACP national nominating committee for the upcoming year.
- Dr. Rollins’ JAPhA publication (July12, 2015, Volume 55 – Issue 4), “Disease-specific
direct-to-consumer advertising for reminding consumers to take medications”.
- Our Residency program began with two residents.
- Dr. Reece co-authored PRN opinion paper, Current Medical Research and Opinion, August