- from Johns Hopkins University provides current information about using antibiotics for the diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases. Free registration required. PDA format available.
Antibiotic Utilization Guidelines-1995, Medical College of Wisconsin
- intended to promote selective, cost effective use of antimicrobials, and to serve as Drug Use Evaluation criteria for antibiotic audits.
- a noncommercial, evidence-based, consumer health and drug information site.
Drugs in Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- from the Harbor UCLA Medical Center Ob/Gyn department, this guide ategorizes common drugs and drug classes by risk to pregnancy.
Electronic Orange Book
: Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations
Food and Drug Administration
- FDA news, drug approvals, recalls, laws, federal regulations, clinical trials information.
Hazardous Substances Data Bank
- from the National Library of Medicine, focuses on the toxicology of potentially hazardous chemicals and contains information on human exposure, industrial hygiene, emergency handling procedures, environmental fate, regulatory requirements, and related areas. HSDB is organized into individual chemical records, and contains over 4,500 such records.
- providing hyperlinked access to the scientific data underlying the use of herbs for health, this site is an "evidence-based information resource for professionals, researchers, and general public."
Household Products Database
- from the National Institutes of Health, this database contains health and safety information on more than 2,000 ingredients in more than 4,000 common household products. It identifies products that pose health risks if they are ingested or inhaled, or if they come in contact with eyes and skin.
Lexi-Comp- New Drugs Reference Library
- timely, concise, and unbiased drug information on medications recently approved by the FDA or those likely to be FDA approved within the next year.
MEDLINEplus Drug Information
- this guide for consumers contains information on thousands of prescription and over-the-counter medications.
TOXNET - Toxicology Data Network
National Library of Medicine site devoted to databases on toxicology, hazardous chemicals, and related areas.