The Center for Brief Therapy serves as a site for PCOM masters and doctoral level students completing practicum experiences in order to obtain training hours toward degree completion and internship preparation.
The Center for Brief Therapy also offers a pre-doctoral internship program for training future psychologists through participation in the Association of Psychology Post-doctoral and Pre-doctoral Internship Centers (APPIC).
Click here for more information on the pre-doctoral internship in clinical psychology at PCOM.
For additional information about the training components of PCOM’s psychology programs, please refer to the specific psychology program in which you are interested.
Trainees have the opportunity to:
• Work in the Center for Brief Therapy and the PCOM's healthcare centers
• Collaborate with PCOM medical faculty, physicians, and medical and allied health students in the following primary care settings:
o Family Medicine
o Cambria Division
o Lancaster Division
o Roxborough Division
• Provide clinical and behavioral health interventions in consultative, individual, and group settings
• Build skills using empirically supported and CBT focused treatments
• Complete psycho-educational and behavioral assessments
• Participate in intensive clinical supervision from our highly skilled clinical psychologists
• Interact with Psychology Department faculty to gain experience in teaching, writing, or presentation
• Provide services to the community through mental health outreach programs
• Conduct student support programs through CARES
• Supervise junior students in training
• Participate in clinical research
• Participate in individual and group supervision