|Psychology Degree Programs:
Psychology Certificate Programs:
Rovinsky Family Lectureship
Cognitive Behavior Therapy Certificate Series
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Department of Psychology
4190 City Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19131-1693
On behalf of our faculty, students, staff, and administration, I extend my warmest
welcome to you.
I am pleased that you are interested in finding out more about us.
I would like to highlight some important points about PCOM's Department of Psychology
and our programs:
- We recognize that your graduate education is important and look forward to collaborating
with you and guiding and mentoring you along the path of your professional development.
- We have an extraordinarily committed, experienced and dedicated faculty who are student-centered
and have themselves been trained and mentored by some of the most foremost authorities
in cognitive-behavioral therapy including Aaron Beck, Albert Ellis, Joseph Wolpe,
Arthur Freemen, and Arnold Lazarus.
- We are career teachers, devoted to mentoring our students and fostering their professional
and personal growth.
- We welcome and are committed to individual and cultural diversity among our students,
faculty and staff.
- We educate and train our students in the Practitioner-Scholar Model and our mission
is to train clinicians capable of delivering "best practices" and "empirically-based"
approaches in a variety of settings.
- We offer a Cognitive-Behavioral theoretical orientation and teach students to apply
empirically-supported approaches in delivering clinical services.
- We offer a competency-based curriculum in each of our programs.
- We have a unique Standardized Patient Training Program that allows us to track the
development of critical clinical skills over the course of students' training programs.
- We have developed and employ an extensive student learning outcomes assessment system
to ensure that our students are learning the critical competencies of their specialty.
- We offer state of the art smart classrooms to facilitate your learning.
Come learn with us!
Robert A. DiTomasso, Ph.D., ABPP
Professor and Chairman