Why enroll in this program? What's in it for me?
- The MS ODL program draws on your daily work experiences. Students bring to class the
unique particulars of their work settings. You are encouraged to apply theory presented
in class to your work situation. You will learn from your own practical application
as well as strategies developed by classmates. On a daily basis, you will apply to
your job the competencies learned in your courses.
- The MS ODL program supports your personal life. We understand that this is a 3rd part
of your life (after work and personal life). Classes meet in the evenings and, when
appropriate, on weekends. A term is completed in 12 weeks.
- The MS ODL program supports your needs. Our beautiful and modern campus is conveniently
located within one mile of the City Avenue exit of Route 76. Our parking structure
is directly next to the classroom buildings.
- The MS ODL program supports your academic expectations. The ODL program has all the
expected and appropriate facilities of a world class teaching institution. Our library,
computer and educational resources are state-of-the-art. Our teaching faculty holds
superior academic and practitioner qualifications.
- The MS ODL program supports and promotes individual attention and growth. We purposely
keep classes small. This ensures that each student receives the necessary attention
and resources from the faculty. It also promotes collaborative attention and interaction
among the students.
- The MS ODL program operates within the practitioner system. Similar to PCOM's doctoral
degrees in medicine and psychology, we have a practitioner orientation within the
ODL program. Our educational model enables students to master competencies used to
assess and diagnose organizational illness and promote workplace health.
- The MS ODL program has partnered with PRODN. The ODL program has formed an academic-professional
partnership with the Philadelphia Region Organizational Development Network (www.prodn.org),
the Delaware Valley's association for OD practitioners. Many PRODN meetings and workshops
are held at PCOM.
- The MS ODL program has an open start. You may begin the program in any of 4 terms
(fall, winter, spring, or summer) and then move at your own pace. You can complete
the MS ODL degree in as little as 18 months or take up to a maximum of 5 years to
complete the program.
What Do ODL Practitioners Do?
- Lead Organizational Change and Performance
- Teams and Team building
- Large Group Interventions
- OD Trends
- Organizational Design and Development
- Leadership Skills and Competencies
- OD Competencies
- Business Strategic Planning
- Process Consultation Skills
- Competency Models
What are the characteristics of enrolled PCOM Organizational Development students?
- Gender: Female 70%, Male 30%
- Age Range: 23-60
What are typical Academic Majors for Org Dev students?
Biology, Business Administration Communications, Economics, Education, English, ITS,
Math, Nursing, Psychology, Sociology
Where are Org Dev students working?
Abacus Consulting, Astellas Pharmacy, Astrazeneca, Bancroft NeuroHealth, Bank of America,
Booz Allen Hamilton, Bryn Mawr Hospital, City of Philadelphia, Cooper University Hospital,
Congregation Beth Eneth, Detroit Diesel, Einstein Hospital, Elwynn, Fox Chase Cancer
Center, Glaxo Smith Kline, Independence Blue Cross, Interfaith Housing Project of
Bucks County, Jefferson Medical School, Johnson Mattley, Leadership Lancaster, Lourdes
Medical Center, Merck and Co., Mercy Health System, Nazareth Hospital, Novartis Pharmaceutical,
Pennsylvania Corporation for Aging, Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare, Philadelphia
College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia District Attorney's Office, Philadelphia
Youth Network, Peirce College, RJ Reynolds, Resources for Human Development, U of
Penn – Home and Hospice, US Airways, Vanguard, Verizon, Wells Fargo Mortgage