The faculty and developers of the PA program initiated this charter of core values
as a reminder of the honor, courage and commitment we and our students will require
in providing health care as professionals.
1. We will be accountable for our professional and personal behavior.
2. We will be mindful of the compassionate, caring and daily responsibility we have
to our patients, peers and health care professionals we work with as a team.
3. We will conduct ourselves in the highest ethical manner in concert with the AAPA
code of ethics in relationships with students, peers, faculty, and other health care
4. We will be honest and truthful in all our professional dealings within and outside
of the department of Physician Assistant Studies.
5. We will encourage new ideas and approaches to learning.
1. We will have the courage to meet the intense demands of our profession and our
2. We will make decisions and act in the best interest of our profession and our patients.
3. We will attempt to overcome all challenges while adhering to the highest standards
of personal and professional conduct.
1. We will foster respect for each other and our peers on a daily basis.
2. We will show concern for the professional and personal well-being of one another.
3. We will show respect to all people without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation
4. We will continue to strive for positive change, lifelong learning and personal
5. We will exhibit the highest degree of moral character, professional excellence,
quality and competence in all that we do.